Tuesday 14 February 2012

Higher Dose?

I'm just back from a lovely holiday in York where we had lots of fun at the National Railway Museum during Wizard Week, riding on the Hogwarts Express and all that and I have to say I feel quite weary today! I've felt over the last few days that the effects of the Concerta XL have been less than in the initial few weeks. I'm not falling asleep in the middle of the day or anything, but my 'can't be bothered' feelings are seeming ever more prevalent and I feel like I'm slipping into old ways.

Today in particular has been very up and down. Some moments I just want to sit with a cup of tea and eat crisps and then I seem to be getting bursts of energy to put the washing on, tidy a corner or do something else vaguely useful, but it is a bit odd. I'm quite achey as well, which may be down to sleeping on a different bed or general aches and pains after an unusual schedule over the holiday but even now when I'm typing my left hand has already started to ache after just these couple of paragraphs, it's like a general lethargy.

I'm having a review soon, I think it's next week, and if things continue to be up and down I'll definitely discuss it with the doctor. I know that the 'honeymoon' period is over and in all fairness you'd probably pop if you stayed at that level of energy and enthusiasm but if this is the level now that my body is used to it I wonder if I need a higher dose.

I've just noticed I'm a little shaky too and I was last night so it could also be that I'm coming down with a bug, my daughter was off school just before the holiday with 'flu' symptoms but it only last a couple of days so with any luck that's what's going on now and the Concerta is masking the full impact of it. I guess I'll find out tonight, but seeing as my parents have my three little ones for Valentine's Day I still intend to enjoy it!

Right, time to get back to my latest hobby, learning to use a sewing machine! No sofa is safe from additional cushions at the moment and sadly my spending is still evident in the crazy amount of random fabric lying around, ho hum, can't have everything!

No comments:

Post a Comment