Monday 30 January 2012

A busy weekend!

I haven't posted over the weekend, partly because there's not much to report and partly because I've been really busy converting the playroom from a small rubbish heap to a useable play area which actually has things stored in their own places!

My wonderful husband fought with an uneven carpet and a Billy corner combination and then I stayed up very late on Saturday, carrying on after breakfast to get all the 'stuff' sorted. It was a really great job, we got rid of loads of rubbish and the room looks pretty awesome. One room down...

Healthwise I've been pretty good, nothing serious in the headache department, certainly not bad enough for painkillers and sleep has been pretty average. I somehow need to get to bed earlier, the medication obviously wears off well before bedtime and I find night time is the usual barrage of, 'I'll just do this' situations and without fail, midnight passes and I realise I've done it again! That being said I don't think I'm too awake to sleep because of the medication which would be disastrous.

The main thing that the Concerta seems to be doing is removing the 'I really can't be bothered' feeling, that slight feeling of dread of starting a job or going out to the shops. Now I'm happily typing this up in the playroom with my little one playing trains and watching Thomas and I'm not stressed over what I haven't done yet, I'm okay with the fact that I might not be able to do all the little jobs I want to do today. That's a very different feeling for me, I would usually get quite worked up trying to do everything and end up making mistakes or forgetting things.

I'm off for a cup of tea!

No comments:

Post a Comment